The Women’s Board of Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals
was organized in 1907 to aid the hospital and the sick. These women
donated their time and money and established fundraising events to
support the care and comfort of patients at Jefferson.
For more than a century, the Women’s Board has remained
active and involved and has raised millions of dollars to fund a
diversity of projects that have included: Cribs for Kids, the Wig
Program, Life Guard Fund, a JeffSTAT Helicopter,
Pastoral Care, Emergency Social Work Fund, Jefferson Chapel renovation and support of the new comprehensive Breast Care
Center to name a few.